Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
· Accurately labels all medications and solutions utilized on the surgical field; maintains a sterile field during operative procedures; maintains a clean and safe working environment and is familiar with with hospital safety and procedures; adheres to hospital protocol regarding specimens obtained in the OR; assumes responsibility for sterility of supplies; checks and maintains supplies necessary for surgical procedures.
This is an Open Heart per diem position on day shift without benefits .
- HS diploma or GED from an accredited school is required
Experience & Skills:
- Two year surgical technician experience
- One year Open Heart experience is required
- Excellent customer service
- Graduation from a Surgical Technician School is required
- Surgical Technician Certification is preferred
- Current BLS is required
Holy Cross Hospital - 2 years ago