The OR Tech I, under general supervision by the OR Manager/Surgery Center Manager is a member of the OR Team, working with surgeons, registered nurses, anesthesiologists, certified nurse anesthetists and ancillary support personnel whose primary function is scrubbing for surgical cases. Other functions include handling instruments, supplies, medication, media, specimens, and instrument cases. When required, the surgical technologist functions as a second assistant. When fully trained the OR Tech I assumes responsibility for call.
- High school graduate
- Previous hospital experience as an OR Technologist preferred; A minimum of six months in a hospital setting preferred
- Completion of a surgical technician program through a college, vocational school, military or hospital program desired. Will train a person with a proven skill set that indicates success in the 12-month training period.
- Request a 2-year commitment post training if trained on site
- Eligible or current CST preferred; Must become certified within 4 years of employment
- Current BLS certification required or ability to obtain BLS within 6 months
Bassett Healthcare - 10 months ago