Research and development for PPS Product Line. Whole-vehicle development, including engine, driveline, suspension, frames and related items. Work to ensure that the final product package is optimized to exceed the customer's expectations in the following areas: safety, performance, reliability, handling and comfort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be creative and effective in the development of new or improved products. Be a field service problem solver to quickly find solutions as problems arise on new or existing products.
2. Fabricates advanced prototype vehicles with concept engines in conjunction with other members of the development team.
3. Perform development and evaluation tests on prototypes. This may include extended operation through rough terrain.
4. Responsible for bringing vehicle to a state of production readiness, including clutching, suspension, and chassis development. Must have a keen sense for proper set up. Also needs to be safety minded, ambitious, accurate and dependable.
5. Assist with the training of less experienced technicians in advanced techniques and provide work direction to them on specific duties.
6. Organizes and leads development activity in the field, including test trips in conjunction with Development Coordinator and project leaders. Test trips occur approximately 3-5 times per year.
7. Keep good records and write test reports for tests conducted.
8. Maintain strict confidentiality.
9. Maintains a clean work area and meets OSHA requirements.
10. Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed.
11. Must be willing to travel to different locations periodically to do product evaluation and development.
12. Able to communicate professionally, maintain action register, drive project to timely completion.
13. Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. 2-Year degree in technical field desirable.
2. Basic computer skills required.
3. Desirable to have good fabrication skills using equipment for machine shop, metal forming, fiberglass, plastics and welding (tig, mig and Oxy-acetylene).
4. Must be capable of reading blueprints and making sketches. Drafting skills are desirable.
5. Must be familiar with four stroke engines, suspensions, variable speed clutches and very skilled in the set up of these systems.
Grade will be determined based on education, performance, overall skills, and years experience in similar trade and supervisory or lead person experience.
Polaris Industries - 9 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...