Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the leading provider of travel and expense management solutions. As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. By driving innovation in the travel and expense industry, Concur is on a mission to create The Perfect Business Trip for both the individual traveler and enterprise organizations. In 2011, Forbes ranked Concur the #1 Most Innovative Growth Company. Powering evolution in travel technology, the Concur Connect platform enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
The System Engineer – Level 1 is able to make sense of the technical problems in the data center navigating through server, network, storage and security issues. Join our team of exceptionally talented engineers working together to mature our private & public cloud offerings? In this role you will support the OS and hypervisor infrastructure on our cloud services in a coordinated effort with storage, networking, database, and security staff. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing team that manages data centers worldwide by advancing server configuration automation.
- Manage service requests applicable for day-to-day administration for Windows and Red Hat Linux servers including the following:
- build/rebuild requests
- event log monitoring and review
- performance analysis
- trouble shooting customer derived issues
- Provide domain management
- Research ROI factors and manage small scale projects including application upgrades and data center changes/moves
- Manage vendor relationships
- Provide support via KVM for day to day administration, troubleshooting and catalog updates
- Provide support for virtual machines running on ESX and HyperV
- Provide guidance and instruction to operations/ QA/ Development Teams in Jira bug Tracking configuration management tool and work flow process as well as document all tasks in CRMs
- Communication of changes with Production and R&D as well as taking an active role in discussions are very key
- Knowledge of Puppet deployment, as well as VMware vFabric and TC Server
- Ownership and deployment of automation projects for Production and R&D with 3rd party tools
- Be aware of, and comply with all corporate policies and audit requirements
- Take an active and insightful role in group discussions
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Bachelor Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent years of work experience
- 2+ years in a technically related field
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of security concepts, principles and practices, including fundamental knowledge of OSI model
- Demonstrable knowledge in Windows and UNIX Scripting (BASH Shell)
- Ability to distinguish between Application, OS and Network problems
- Experience managing Windows, O/S Red Hat (RHCE) and VMware Clustering
- Experience implementing and maintaining system infrastructure components
- Excellent communication and documentation skills utilizing MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel and Visio
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices, including fundamental knowledge of OSI model
- Client side SAN management (iSCSI, FC)
- Ability to perform after hours, shift work, and be on call during designated periods
Critical Performance Competencies (identify in rank order up to 10):
- Analytical skills – identifies and defines problems; determines probable causes; suggests solutions
- Attention to detail – follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data
- Initiative – undertakes additional responsibilities
- Intelligence – acquires understanding and absorbs new information quickly
- Teamwork – solicits ideas and opinions of other team members
- Technical/Professional expertise – possesses and applies a broad range of related knowledge
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur - 13 months ago
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...