This position is with Excell Communications, a Suddenlink Communications Company.
Reporting to the Field Services Manager, this position assumes responsibility for performing FTTT (Fiber to the Tower) OSP backhaul field engineering walkout / mapping, permitting, fiber splicing and testing as well as routine site inspections and maintenance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Perform OSP Engineering walkout of aerial pole and underground routes within ROW and private easements, gathering all relevant field notes and measurements.
• Creates field work prints and assists with creation of BOM’s, cost estimates and construction approval forms.
• Prepares joint pole use, DOT, City/County and Railroad permits.
• Coordinates with Project Manager(s) on submission of permits and any required application fees.
• Performs fiber equipment (i.e. Patch Panel) installation, splicing and OTDR (including C/DWDM) optical testing.
• Coordinate with other team members in performing annual and bi-annual site inspections and routine maintenance.
• Utilize internal work-flow management (At-Task) and workspace tools to document site issues and report progress.
• Must have the flexibility to work different shifts (day, night or weekend)
• Assist Field Services Manager with Construction Project Management (CPM) and performing site Civil Construction As-build Close-outs.
• Associates Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Technical Discipline. A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
• 3 - 5 years of OSP field engineering experience with copper, coax, fiber, aerial and underground design.
• 5+ years of experience in permitting, engineering, contractor management, fiber splicing, project management, underground and aerial cable plant engineering and installation.
• Expertise in Fiber Splicing, testing and documentation with hands-on experience with Fusion Splicer and OTDR testing.
• Must be familiar with OSP Construction Practices in accordance with NESC and industry standards.
• Must be able to work in inclement weather, walk up to 5 miles or more a day, travel and stay at site overnight and have valid driver’s license.
• Strong troubleshooting, organizational, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend complex network engineering schematics and design maps.
• Must be proficient in MS Office applications especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs and/or Microsoft Visio.
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized with ability to prioritize multiple complex tasks
Suddenlink - 16 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...