Title : OSP Operations Manager
OBU Location: Michigan, OMI335
Reports to : Director of Operation
Salary Position dependent on experience level
Salaried Benefit Rates
Company Truck Provided
Status : Exempt
Summary : The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall management and execution of operations of Outside Plant Projects. This position will oversee the work of supervisory, administrative, and technical teams, and be responsible for financial performance and analysis, market development, customer relations, asset management, recruiting, training, and development of employees. This position requires exceptional leadership abilities, motivational skills, and interpersonal relations and detailed financial understanding of the business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
v Manages all financial aspects of assigned Projects, including but not limited to, revenue projections, cost containment, weekly/monthly analysis, and remedial actions.
v Assures the competent performance of all staff as reflected in project target dates, quality data, and income growth. This includes the performance reviews and also making sure disciplinary is taken when necessary and that it is done according to guidelines as a part of the continuing improvement process.
v Has primary responsibility for the development of his/her direct reports to the extent they may be empowered to meet customer and company expectations.
v Maintains daily, weekly, or necessary contact with the customer’s key stakeholders to assure continual relationship improvement and satisfaction of customer expectations.
v Required to maintain appropriate and adequate communication throughout the OBU staff and with the entire company, as needed. Formal communications with management must be utilized as specified.
v Identifies trends within the OBU, designs action plans, and implements plans to avert any degradation of the OBU performance, such as vehicle incidents, property damages, quality issues and customer complaints.
v Participates in accident investigations with fleet management personnel. Determines degree of preventability and assesses employee contribution toward costs if merited. Looks for opportunities to reduce accident related costs.
v Assures employee compliance with all company employee, safety, and customer rules and policies by performing disciplinary actions up to termination of employees. This includes, but is not limited to, appearance codes and vehicle policies.
v Oversees the fleet fuel and maintenance programs to assure proper usage and cost control for his/her Projects.
v Works alongside recruiters and trainers during the hiring process to ensure the candidates hired are well qualified for the jobs and to ensure the appropriate amount of training is provided.
v Creates and promotes a team environment as reflected in participative and interactive management inside and outside the OBU and is ultimately responsible for the morale and productivity of the Projects staff.
v Develops management systems and reports as appropriately needed and assures the timely completion and submission of all required reports.
v Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requisite Skills and Knowledge :
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in the Telecommunications OSP Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of management/supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and financial – budgeting skills are desired.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Prior Supervisory and/or Management experience is a plus.
· Professional development on field and/or in classroom training/membership is a plus.
· If an internal candidate:
o Must have either supervisory or lead technician experience.
o Must have completed all required training
- Work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry 80-pound ladder and meet ladder safety requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights of 3-25 ft.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, and lift 50% of the time.
Miscellaneous Skills / Considerations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet ACI driving criteria guidelines.
- Must be able to pass a background check, per company policy.
- Must be a drug free individual
- Must be strongly mechanically inclined.
Aero Communications Inc - 28 days ago
At ACI, we are focused on success, both individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages...