Treating seniors with the compassion and quality of home care they deserve is not only part of the mission of Senior Home Care, it is at the very core of everything we do. Each year, the divisions of Senior Home Care deliver care to more than 50,000 seniors with personalized home health care programs created with the individual and their specific needs in mind. We are currently looking to add a dynamic Occupational Therapy Asisstant to our team in the (ANY) area.
1. Evaluates patient’s functional status. Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the total plan of care.
2. Performs work capacity evaluations, as needed, and refers to specialized vocational training in accordance with organization policy.
3. Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other organization professionals.
4. Teaches new skills or re-educates patients in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with organization policy.
5. Fabricates splints and instruct patients in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function
6. Educates patients in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
7. Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient’s condition. Submits these records in accordance with organization policy.
8. Maintains contact/communication with other contractor involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
9. Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients.
10. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as appropriate.
11. Instructs patient’s family/caregiver and other organization health care professionals in patient’s treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
12. Provides supervision of the Occupational Therapy Assistant in accordance with state standards governing home health agencies.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed by contractors providing this service. They may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated.
1. Must have a Certification of Occupational Therapist Assistant
2. Must meet the requirements according to the state of operations licensing standard.
3. Two years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist assistant.
4. Possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
Senior Home Care - 19 months ago