As a member of our dynamic Chicago Service team, you will provide administrative support and office management services to the local office of American General Life and Accident Insurance Company (AGLA) located in Oak Brook. This a full-time position, Monday thru Friday, with a salary range from 35 - 38K and a full benefits package.
This position reports to the traveling Regional Field Office Manager with a dotted line of accountability to local office sales management. There is significant interaction with sales/service Agents, customers and home office personnel.
1. Manage daily office administrative functions and supervise support staff. Plan and prioritize work flow and ensure excellent customer service is provided.
2. Process accounting/ expense management activity (paying bills, budget analysis, expense reimbursement, deposits/ closeouts, etc.). Manage sales payroll distribution.
3. Participate in Sales Agent recruiting activities. Use CareerBuilder and other internet resume banks to source candidates; contact candidates by email and by phone; cold call candidates to determine interest and set up interviews as appropriate; follow-up with candidates, make reminder calls for meetings.
4. New business generation including life insurance application processing and follow-up, scheduling appointments for insurance review, direct mail initiatives, sourcing prospects, etc.
5. Sales campaign support including bulletin preparation, report preparation and distribution, coordinate campaign payoff activity, etc.
6. Strong PC skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Outlook.
7. Ability to manage both people and processes.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
1. High school graduate or equivalent (GED). Three years administrative and customer service experience with office management skills strongly preferred.
2. Good judgment and decision making skills. Must be able to handle multiple priorities successfully and solve problems within scope of position.
3. Strong PC skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Outlook.
4. Must have a current driver’s license and be able to pass a credit check criminal background check.
5. Background in managing people and processes is preferred.
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...