The Occupancy Specialist is responsible for approving and establishing the Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) subsidy from receipt of the Request for Participation through ongoing annual inspections, biennial recertifications, or termination of participation, in accordance with the program administrative plan and established internal policies and procedures.
- The Specialist is responsible for completing data entry, processing paperwork, and maintaining file documentation while conducting the following administrative procedures: owner, participant, and unit eligibility verifications; tenant income verifications; tenant rent calculations; rent reasonableness verifications; issuing the owner contract; setting HAP payments; approving or declining rent increases; and monitor inspection results.
- Review eligibility documentation provided by DHHS and collect required documentation and third party verification, and determine and certify initial, interim, or annual on-going eligibility for the Program as necessary in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Calculate tenant and property owners’ share of rent and provide written notification to both parties.
- After ensuring compliance with Housing Quality Standards or other appropriate standard, and rent reasonableness, prepare and enter into Housing Assistance Payments contracts with owners.
- Enter all required data into the appropriate software system.
- Enforce HAP Contract by recommending termination of the contract when appropriate and taking appropriate tenant termination of assistance when authorized by DHHS in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate program, participant, and owner/manager activities with Tenancy Supportive Services staff as appropriate.
- Resolve and respond to applicant, participant, landlord, and other inquiries and complaints as appropriate and as instructed, and in accordance with Quadel customer service policy.
- Monitor all activities and prepare and submit reports as required; review and correct documentation (electronic and/or written) as instructed.
- Two years of college, business or technical school at an accredited educational institution.
- Section 8 HCV occupancy certification by Quadel within 60 days of hire.
- One year of experience in an office or other environment requiring extensive public contact or customer service. Accounting, interviewing experience, and direct customer interfacing experience a plus. Experience beyond the minimum may be substituted for all or part of the educational requirement.