As the company's safety leader the OHSM works to develop the safety management systems, programs, and procedures of all departments. Encourages, instructs and challenges all levels of the organization to implement and monitor the safety programs of the company. Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. Conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health and safety.
* Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
* Developes accident investigation programs to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future and acts as the lead investigator in all investigations.
* Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
* Develop and maintain hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, and asbestos management plans.
* Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations (DOT, OSHA and CSA)
* Collaborate with department managers, vendors and the on-site medical team to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous
and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
* Conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
* Provide new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
* Oversee the on-site medical clinic operations to ensure coordination of policies, procedures and programs within the organization.
* Assists in the analysis of the company's liability concerning personal, casualty, or property loss or damages.
* Correspond with or interview medical specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information.
* Calculate benefit payments and approve payment of claims within a certain monetary limit.
* Prepare reports to track, measure and analyze accident and injuries and make recommendations based on the findings of the reports.
* Prepare and implement budgets.
* Builds programs that involve all levels of employees in safety.
* Is a strong safety advocate fo the company.
* At least 21 years of age
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
* At least 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language
* Ability to compute basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
* Valid driver's license
* Bachelor's degree in Safety Management from a four-year college or university or the equivalent in relevant experience
* Five (5) years of experience in developing safety programs and safety systems.
* Ability to work with and influence all levels of management and employees.
* Ability to connect with outside companies and resources to benchmark safety programs.
* Knowledge of and/or experience with OSHA and OSHA programs.
* Ability to handle large volume of work, set priorities, multitask, and meet deadlines
* Ability to focus on details and perform accurate work
* Basic understanding of financial management concepts/terminology (e.g., margins, mark-ups, profit, gross, net)
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Ability to resolve conflict, solve problems and negotiate
* Ability to understand cause and effect and proactively solve problems; utilize technology to solve problems
* Fax Machine
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to a fast-paced office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Monarch Beverage Company - 17 months ago