Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
working for a company that allows you to try, to fail, to learn, to grow, and to succeed.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be a part of it.
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking an Occupational Health and Safety Nurse to independently coordinate Occupational Health & Safety and Wellness programs as well as the process certification training program at the Torrance facility in collaboration with Human Resources. As needed and as time allows they will also help with other HR activities in Torrance.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day:
· Managing Occupational Health Services for the site including; Disability and Worker’s Compensation first aid and emergency medical treatment, first aid training and certification, and other OSHA mandated health training programs.
· Providing ergonomics assessments and recommendations, coordinating and reporting on accident investigations, maintaining the OSHA 300 log, participating with the site safety committee, and providing for occupational health immunization programs.
· Monitoring and updating compliance with new State and Federal regulations. · Managing the FAA Anti-drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program, which will require basic knowledge of substance abuse and DOT/FAA regulations.
· Managing and coordinating the Moog wellness program at the site.
· Administer and coordinate additional programs and activities including assessing and processing ADA and FMLA claims and reasonable accommodations, coordinating new hire pre-placement evaluations and drug testing, administering new hire orientation, and monitoring and maintaining site medical supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
· Manage and provide administrative support for the on-site Process Certification Training Program.
Here are the skills we need you to bring with you:
Technical Expert – RN License, and a minimum of 2-years experience in the occupational health or related field.
Knowledge/experience with various industry standards i.e. OSHA/CALOSHA/DOT/FFA regulations
Outstanding communicator – You will be communicating to all levels of the organization and must be comfortable and well versed in all forms of communication.
Trainer extraordinaire – you will be conducting training sessions frequently and must be comfortable in front of an audience.
Multitasking Specialist – you will be constantly pulled in multiple directions, and must be able to coordinate daily tasks with “fires” that come up as a natural part of doing business.
Computer Wizardry – Excel, Power Point and Word are required to perform the tasks in this position. We use Lotus Notes, but Outlook background will transfer easily.
Personable, Professional, and Confident – Moog is a company built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect. We hire smart people and expect them to find the best ways to accomplish the goals we give them. We work in teams, and everyone’s input is valued.
*In addition to meeting the qualifications set forth in the position description, all Applicants selected for consideration must meet eligibility for access to classified information. This requirement is included in the State Department International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and requires US citizenship and/or Permanent Residence status.
Moog Inc. - 21 months ago
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...