Occupational Health Nurse
As Occupational Health Nurse, you will deliver basic occupational health nursing services and conduct general administrative nursing duties. This position typically resides in a low-volume Medical clinic or under close supervision within a more complex, high-volume setting.
Job Duties/Responsibilites may include, but are not limited:
* Deliver basic nursing services related to employee illness and injury
* Respond to on-site medical emergencies, consult and coordinate advanced on-site medical care when needed
* Assume responsibility for basic health clinical administration, including but not limited to maintaining clinical order, delivering new employee orientation presentations, and maintaining metrics and measurements for corporate Medical functions via the HR data system (PeopleSoft)
* Act the liaison between local facility and the Corporate Medical Department to ensure medical services meet the needs the facility and its employees
* Support OHN III Disability Case Management activities
* Support medical staff and outside entities in determining the work-relatedness of injuries, complying with governmental regulations, and conducting investigations
* Conduct DOT drug testing and fit-for-duty evaluations
* Conduct OSHA mandated surveillance exams
*Licensed as a Registered Nurse, advanced practice Licensed Practical Nurse, or International equivalent in the state which the position is located in.
*Outstanding clinical skills and judgment
*Interpersonal and communication skills with an acute focus on customer service
*Ability to maintain confidentiality
*Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
*College/university degree or equivalent experience
*Experience and knowledge of the various areas of occupational healthcare delivery
*Critical thinking and good problem-solving skills
*2 or more years of acute or occupational nursing experience
*Certifications in related fields
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Feb 20, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Indiana-Lafayette-LAFAYETT02-Lafayette IN Plant Office-US
Caterpillar - 10 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...