Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Pilgrim's is seeking an Occupational Health Professional to support our Mt. Pleasant, TX facility. This position must be able to work varying days/shifts as needed.
As an LPN currently licensed to practice in the state of employment, administers direct care of employees with professional expertise according to medical directives and within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act, while working under direct supervision of the Occupational Health Manager or Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers direct care for employees at site according to medical directives within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act in the applied state. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
- Provides compassionate, quality care to employees.
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc. Adheres to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of employees' personal health information.
- Participates in health and safety teaching of employees.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local healthcare providers, and third party administrator (TPA).
- Conducts all assigned and additional job tasks within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care in a professional and effective manner.
- Maintains accurate documentation and assists in departmental medical records upkeep. Provides appropriate documentation of all care provided in a professional and effective manner.
- Keeps department clean and orderly.
- Notifies Occupational Health Manager and designee of any pertinent physical and emotional changes of symptoms presented by employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
- May require travel.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree of Nursing or Diploma Nursing Degree preferred.
BASIC SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Current LPN license in state of employment. Must obtain certification in urine drug screen and breath alcohol collections.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Must be on call one weekend a month.
- Must be able to work varying days/shifts as needed.
- Confidentiality a must.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Good organizational skills in high pressure situations.
- Must be dependable, punctual and flexible.
- Excellent attendance, safety and work record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). SAP experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
Pilgrim's - 14 months ago