As an EMT-Paramedic, Intermediate, or Basic administers direct care of Partners with professional expertise according to medical directives within the scope of practice and regulations of the state of application while working under the direct supervision of the Occupational Health Manager or Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Delivers direct care for Partners at site according to medical directives within the scope of practice and State and National Regulations. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
• Provides compassionate, quality care to Partners. Assists with transportation of Partners in emergency situations.
• Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, etc. Adheres to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of Partner’s personal health information.
• Participates in health and safety teaching of Partners.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local healthcare providers, and third party administrator (TPA).
• Conducts all assigned and additional job tasks within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care in a professional and effective manner.
• Maintains accurate documentation and assists in departmental medical records upkeep. Provides appropriate documentation of all care provided in a professional and effective manner.
• Keeps department clean and orderly.
• Notifies Occupational Health Manager and designee of any pertinent physical and emotional changes of symptoms presented by Partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• May require availability outside or normal business hours.
• May require travel.
No supervisory responsibilities are required.
Decisions are limited and varied in nature.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions will have a significant impact on the work area/department.
Work requires the use of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or standards. Moderate analytic ability is required in the application of guidelines, policies, and procedures and in gathering and interpreting data in cases for problems of moderate difficulty or complexity.
Tasks are defined and follow instructions, with minimal problem solving.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under moderate supervision within standard operating procedures. May function autonomously, with a supervisor/lead available to answer questions.
Internal communication is required on a daily basis Clerical or Technical and Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires substantial sensitivity and cooperation and involves considerable explanation and persuasion standard issues (e.g., basic project interaction). Must be able to respond to detailed inquiries.
External communication is required on a weekly basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires substantial sensitivity and cooperation and involves considerable explanation and persuasion standard issues (e.g., basic project interaction). Must be able to respond to detailed inquiries.
No major sources of discomfort (e.g., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature, and air conditions). At times may be exposed to all different types of weather conditions and the different conditions that exist within their facility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by partners assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Active certification in state of application as EMT-Paramedic, Intermediate, or Basic. Must obtain certification in urine drug screen and breath alcohol collections.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply