Req Number: hein-00004656
Heinz North America seeks an ORM (Operational Risk Management) Coordinator for its Phoenix, AZ plant. This position is responsible for facilitating ORM processes ' i.e., safety/health, environment, contingency planning, facility security, asset conservation, etc. to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures as well as applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Who will be successful in this role?
A professional who, among other responsibilities, will:
Our preference is that candidates have the following knowledge and skills:
- Implement ORM strategies that align with corporate objectives to reduce/mitigate operational risk
- Liaison to collaborate with Factory Management and Supervision regarding incidents that could jeopardize the integrity of the brands
- Coordinates and assists with the implementation of continuous improvement principles into ORM elements
- Implement Heinz ORM Management Systems and Best Practices as designed
- Facilitate Workers' Compensation process with diligence
- Use key metrics to illustrate and affect performance in ORM at the factory location
- Ensure that the plant adheres to applicable Heinz policies/procedures, processes and operating principles
- Administers new and current processes and tools to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local ORM regulations and assists the plant with these requirements
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Provide training to management and employees to ensure that all recognize their contribution to improved ORM performance
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Environmental Management,
- Industrial Hygiene or its equivalent in relevant work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in safety and environmental management, preferably in the food industry
- Prior experience with Process Safety Management and Risk Management programs preferred, if applicable
- Knowledge of OSHA , EPA Regulations, DOT Regulations and Management Systems (i.e., ISO 14001, Safety Management Systems)
- Some familiarity of Continuous Improvement principles and practices
Heinz is a global company with a long history of success. We offer an environment of strength, stability and exceptionally varied opportunity. Under our impressive portfolio of brands, we lead the industry in quality, value, consumer loyalty, and consumer expectations. Our talent is entrepreneurial, empowered and always collaborative with a culture that allows each person to have an impact every day. Your career with us is limited only by your drive, ambition and imagination and we are committed to maximizing the talents of those who join us.
At Heinz, diversity is implicit in our business strategy for success. By 'making talent an advantage,' diversity and inclusion:
It is the continuing policy of Heinz North America to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Enables Heinz to be the 'employer of choice' that hires and retains the best talent from around the world, reflecting the markets and consumers we serve;
- Promotes an inclusive workplace culture that values differences in order to inspire each team member to bring their personal best; and
- Encourages full engagement and contribution from team members to ensure that we have the innovation and creativity to deliver on our mission in every part of our business.
Please note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
H.J. Heinz Finance Company is a subsidiary of H.J. Heinz Company (Heinz). It conducts its food business through two segments: North American...