To provide direct occupational therapy to children with disabilities ages birth to three and family support services.
Certified as a licensed Occupational Therapist
One year experience in working with young children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide direct instruction to identified children and families.
2. Provide direct and consultative occupational therapy to identified children.
3. Facilitate in screening and assessment of identified children and families.
4. Provide interpretation of assessment data and formulate reports.
5. Assist families with the development, implementation and evaluation of plans.
6. Keep informed of and comply with ECI, ESC, State and Federal policies and
procedures and licensure requirements of assignment.
7. Maintain records, reports, and correspondence in an organized filing system.
8. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible and serve as a
role model for the region.
9. Ability to develop written or verbal correspondence.
10. Develop skills appropriate to job assignment.
11. Keep updated on pediatric CPR.
12. Maintain confidential information.
13. Provide consultation to ECI staff regarding motor development.
14. Provide supervision of certified occupational therapist assistants as needed.
Various adaptive and assistive devices.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
Ability to instruct.
Maintain emotional control in various environments.
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data.
Frequent in-region and occasional out-of-region travel.
Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Works with frequent interruptions.
Moderate walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, stopping, bending and reaching.
Region III Education Service Center - 16 months ago