0830 - 1700/ IND123/ cb/ mstr/ DIV
Under the immediate supervision of the Rehabilitation Services Supervisor, the Occupational Therapist will be directly involved in patient evaluation, planning, directing and administering occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. He/She will assist patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, by providing effective, and quality care for the patient. She/He will ensure patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. The Occupational Therapist will coordinate, delegate, and supervise assigned supportive staff (COTA). He/She will perform other duties as directed by the Rehabilitation Services Supervisor. The population served includes: pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Graduation from a school of Occupational Therapy accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Two years experience in Occupational Therapy.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Current valid license through the California Board of Occupational Therapy, or eligible for such licensure at the time of appointment.
- Membership in the American Occupational Therapy Association and the Occupational Therapy Association of California is encouraged.
- Current CPR certification through the American Heart Association for the Healthcare Provider.
Adherence to the Mission and Values of Seton Medical Center and the Daughters of Charity Health System: Daughters of Charity Health System Mission Statement
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of Occupational Therapy, with knowledge of practices of other disciplines.
- Ability to evaluate, to plan and to carry out an Occupational Therapy rehabilitative program for individuals patients; ability to explain, demonstrate and teach Occupational Therapy rehabilitative measures; ability to supervise supportive personnel; ability to work effectively with others in an inter-disciplinary team relationship; beginning ability to be self-directed and to seek direction and consultation as needed; ability to express oneself clearly both verbally and in written format.
- Must have basic computer skills.
In the spirit of our founders, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise de Marillac, and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, the Daughters of Charity Health System is committed to serving the sick and the poor. With Jesus Christ as our model, we advance and strengthen the healing mission of the Catholic Church by providing comprehensive, excellent healthcare that is compassionate and attentive to the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We promote healthy families, responsible stewardship of the environment, and a just society through value-based relationships and community –based collaboration.
Daughters of Charity Health System – Vincentian Values
Respect – Recognizing our own value and the value of others.
Compassionate Service – Providing excellent care with gentleness and kindness.
Simplicity – Acting with integrity, clarity and honesty.
Advocacy for the Poor – Supporting those who lack resources for a healthy life and full human development.
Inventiveness to Infinity – Being continuously resourceful and creative.
Seton Medical Center - 19 months ago
Seton Medical Center is the largest medical/surgical acute care center in Austin. One of four Magnet hospitals in the SETON Healthcare...