Visiting Nurse Association, established in 1889, is Colorado’s oldest nonprofit home healthcare agency. VNA is committed to a continuum of health care in the home and community supporting optimal well-being, independence, and dignity. To achieve this, our highly skilled team provides individualized care and education to patients and their families every step of the way.
At VNA, you will find a friendly work environment that fosters ongoing learning and professional development. Apply today and join our dynamic team of professionals! Full-time OTs qualify for sign-on and performance bonuses!
As a VNA Occupational Therapist you will:
• Evaluate patient needs.
• Conduct case and resource management.
• Assist the physician in evaluating the level of function and help develop a plan of care.
• Prepare clinical and progress notes.
• Advise and consult with the family, physician, and other agency personnel.
• Perform specific therapeutic exercises as needed.
• Communicate regularly with other disciplines involved in care.
• Assist with muscle re-education, ADL training, adaptive equipment, orthotics, fine motor coordination, sensory rehabilitation, therapeutic exercise, and cognitive assessments/interventions.
• Document care in an accurate and timely manner.
• Effectively manage caseload and communicate regularly with the scheduler regarding status.
• Maintain and enhance therapy skills on an ongoing basis.
• Graduation from a college or university, with a degree in Occupational Therapy.
• Active Colorado OT license.
• Current CPR certification.
• One year of experience as an occupational therapist.
• Heavy lifting (greater than 50 pounds) to transfer or turn an adult, with or without assistive devices.
• One year of home care experience preferred.
Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard