Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy
Provides complete occupational therapy care, working toward optimal outcomes. Works under the supervision of the Physical Rehabilitation Services Site Supervisor.
1. Evaluates physician-referred patients to determine functional limitations and impairments in areas such as activities of daily living, vocational performance, cognition and psychosocial. Develops a plan of care including specific interventions and goals to address the patient’s needs, in accordance with physician orders/protocol. Assists with discharge planning through recommendations communicated to the physician and the multidisciplinary team.
2. Provides treatment in accordance with the plan of care and within the scope of occupational therapy practice. Treatment includes direct application of occupational therapy procedures/modalities, instruction/education of patient/family, periodic reassessment and modification of the plan of care.
3. Documents evaluations, treatments, charges, and all relevant communications/interactions with the patient, family, and physician in the patient’s chart.
4. Coordinates patient treatment as appropriate with other disciplines such as physical and speech therapy. Communicates and coordinates as appropriate with other services such as Transitional Care Unit, Acute Rehabilitation Unit, Home Care Services, Skilled Nursing Facility, and case management. Attends multidisciplinary team meetings as appropriate
5. Participates in education/training of groups/individuals, both intra and extra departmental, on topics relevant to occupational therapy.
6. Supervises certified occupational therapist assistants, aides, and other support personnel involved in direct patient care.
7. Submits accurate, daily charges for patient care, on a timely basis.
8. Promotes optimal guest relations when dealing with patients, families, staff, other departments, physicians, and the public.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations
· Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy school
· Wyoming Occupational Therapist license
· Prior experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 30+ days ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...