As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy. We surpass our peers across the District in public education with a 91% graduation and college entrance rate. To this end, we also hold the quality, success, and development of our teachers with paramount importance. We provide a number of professional growth and development opportunities which have yielded both the 2010 and 2011 DC Teachers of the Year, and three outstanding school principals who launched their careers in our classrooms.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) is a health care provider with a committment to holistically developing and supporting our children. The OT is works to ensure the mental, physical, and developmental well-being our children through targeted supported and meaningful interventions. This individual performs a variety of duties including the testing, diagnosis and administration of remedial treatments for students with occupational therapy needs.
- Conducts evaluations and re-evaluations for students as requested or warranted
- Acts as an interdisciplinary team member in the special education eligibility process, administering Occupational assessments as required
- Articulates test results to parents and MDT members in clear, understandable language attending to cultural sensitivity
- Delivers group and individual therapy sessions as indicated on student IEPs
- Maintains monthly progress notes as required by Medicaid regulations
- Makes recommendations for purchasing assessment materials to ensure that the clinical adequately equipped with state-of-the-art resources
- Keeps abreast of advances in diagnostic materials
- Maintains compliant IEPS, including contact logs and reports progress accordingly to parents and team members
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of education from an accredited College or University (Master’s degree preferred)
- Candidate must be eligible to acquire or must possess DCPS Certification as a Occupational therapist
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
- Commitment to serving students from a minority and/or lower socioeconomic background required
FPCS’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at FPCS are based solely upon relevant criteria, including an individual’s capabilities, qualifications, training, experience and suitability.
Friendship Public Charter Schools - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard