Genesis Rehabilitation Services is looking for remarkable Occupational Therapists. At Genesis Rehabilitation Services, you can really care for your patients – and your thoughts, opinions and expertise will always be respected. Our benefits package is outstanding. And our regular shifts help you balance your career and your personal life.
Genesis HealthCare operates more than 200 skilled nursing centers in 13 states, and Genesis Rehab Services offers rehabilitation services to more than 1,100 health care facilities in 37 states. And right now, we have opportunities near you. So apply today. For a remarkable OT, it’s a remarkable opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapist organizes and conducts occupational therapy programs for the agency to facilitate rehabilitation. S/he directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. The Occupational Therapist facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
1. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the occupational therapy treatment plan, and completes all related
documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as cognitive skills, muscle strength, coordination, endurance, mobility, perceptual abilities, sensory awareness, sitting and standing tolerance, balance, activities of daily living, joint protection, work simplification, orientation and/orphysical agent modalities.
2. Supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
4. Consults with and/or makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
6. Designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
1. S/he must be a graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by and meet ACOTE standards.
2. S/he must have initial registration from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
3. S/he must be able to practice occupational therapy per state guidelines and be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required for Occupational Therapy practice in the state.
As one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation providers, we offer a generous and wide-ranging compensation and benefits package from day one, including:
Interested in travel assignments? Call to learn more about the Genesis Rehab Services internal traveler program, The Passport Program!
- Medical/dental/vision insurances
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability
- Voluntary insurance programs
- 401(k) Program
- Continuing Education Programs
- Leadership Training Program
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Extensive paid leave
- Service awards
- Generous Elder Care benefit for family members