Evaluates patients; plans and administers a medically prescribed occupational therapy program; monitors patient’s progress; directs Occupational Therapy Assistants, and consults with physicians; provides patient and family education; maintains records and processes appropriate charges.
1. Education and Training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
• Certification in Occupational Therapy preferred.
• Current License issued by the Occupational Therapy/Physical
Therapy/Athletic Trainers Board to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Ohio
• BLS required
One (1) year of experience working as a Occupational Therapist preferred.
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and transport patients and equipment.
• Must be willing to work with persons with disabilities.
4. Physical Requirements
a. Requires full range of body motion which may include handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
b. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
c. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
d. May require exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.
5. Population Specific Competency
The incumbent will have the ability to effectively interact with populations of the patient (and his or her representative) with a sensitivity to the communication needs (other language, deaf or blind) and with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
6. Commitment to Service Excellence, Coworkers and our Non-negotiable Standards
Committed to providing exceptional customer service to our patient and visitors. Committed to treating coworkers with respect and dignity and will follow our Non-negotiable Standards to ensure a consistent positive experience for all patients, employees and visitors.
7. Attendance and Punctuality
Adheres to the hospital attendance policy and will make every effort to consistently be punctual when reporting to work and during daily activities.
Summa Western Reserve Hospital - 17 months ago