Occupational Therapy License (GA)
Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative programs that help restore vocational, homemaking, and daily living skills, as well as general independence, to disabled persons.
Detailed Work Activities:
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Assisting and Caring for Others
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Controlling Machines and Processes
- Advise on health risks in the workplace and on health-related transition to retirement.
- Complete and maintain necessary records.
- Consult with rehabilitation team to select activity programs and coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
- Design and create, or requisition, special supplies and equipment, such as splints, braces and computer-aided adaptive equipment.
- Evaluate patients' progress and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Help clients improve decision making, abstract reasoning, memory, sequencing, coordination and perceptual skills, using computer programs.
- Lay out materials such as puzzles, scissors and eating utensils for use in therapy, and clean and repair these tools after therapy sessions.
- Plan and implement programs and social activities to help patients learn work and school skills and adjust to handicaps.
- Plan, organize, and conduct occupational therapy programs in hospital, institutional, or community settings to help rehabilitate those impaired because of illness, injury or psychological or developmental problems.
- Provide training and supervision in therapy techniques and objectives for students and nurses and other medical staff.
- Recommend changes in patients' work or living environments, consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Select activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills within limits of their mental and physical capabilities.
- Test and evaluate patients' physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
Ty Cobb Healthcare System, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard