Occupational Therapist Openings - Multiple Locations
WILLCARE, a successful regional leader in the home health care industry, currently has job openings for Occupational Therapists in Multiple Branch Locations . In business for over 25 years, WILLCARE operates Certified/Medicare, Long Term Care, Licensed/Private Duty, as well as non-medical services and supplemental staffing agencies. We provide qualified skilled and non-skilled services focusing on preventative, rehabilitative and therapeutic care to our clients in all applicable settings. We have branch offices in Western NY, Hudson Valley NY, Connecticut, and Ohio.
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Job Locations: Buffalo NY, Jamestown NY, Wellsville NY, Newburgh NY, Kingston NY, Cleveland OH, Akron OH, New Haven CT, Waterbury CT, and Wethersfield CT
Job Department: Therapy
Status: Part Time, Full Time, Per Diem (check with your local branch)
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST JOB SUMMARY
Evaluates patients and develops occupational therapy treatment programs in collaboration with the physician and provides occupational therapy treatments to patients. Administers complex active and passive therapeutic exercise, ADL retraining, and various cognitive techniques. Instructs, motivates and assists patients in learning and improving activities of daily living. Supervises and directs the efforts of the Occupational Therapy Assistant, if one is assigned.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initial and interim assessment of the client’s level of functioning and recommends, in writing to the patient’s physician, the need for a rehabilitation program, either restorative or maintenance, goals and discharge plans.
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of treatment programs, plan of care, goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to Occupational Therapy needs in conjunction with the physician.
- Makes revisions to the plans and goals based on changes in patient status.
- Implements the plan of treatment for patients admitted to the home care setting.
- Completes and submits required documentation within established agency guidelines.
- Facilitates effective communication amongst other clinicians providing care to the patient.
- Assumes responsibility for Case Management functions for therapy patients, through case conferencing with therapists and outside community agencies providing care/services, obtaining interim orders and recertifying for services at least every 60 days.
- Provides direct patient care services to ensure the effectiveness of Occupational Therapy programs.
- Prioritizes, plans treatment and travel times to provide for maximum efficiency, yet meet the needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Occupational Therapy procedures and equipment providing for safety and maximum patient benefit.
- Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with occupational therapy program.
- Performs appropriate & timely documentation to maintain the standards set by the Agency or Fiscal intermediary.
- Monitors visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians’ orders and comparing to the plan of care and documentation.
- Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to rehabilitation services. Promotes services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including on-site visits, attendance at expos, fairs, etc.
- Performs client/family education as appropriate.
- Provides supervision to OTA’s, and paraprofessionals in accordance with State regulations.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current license/registration by state of hire as an Occupational Therapist.
- One (1) year experience in Occupational Therapy
- Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire
- Prior home care experience preferred
For additional details, see:
JOB DESCRIPTION (click to open PDF file)
WILLCARE - 8 months ago
Aim High Speech & Occupational Therapy Services, PLLC
Forest Hills, NY
- 7 days ago
Manhattan East Associates, Inc. Pediatric Occupational Therapy
New York, NY
- 9 days ago
St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network
St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network
- 1 day ago
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...