Job Description:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:|
Oversee the Service and Parts Departments through the
functions of delegating authority, assuring quality and
efficient service, hiring and training service and parts
employees, and supervising all functions of parts sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Service Department:
1. Increase service sales by making personal calls and
using various sales promotion techniques.
2. Maintain acceptable service process measures.
3. Promote the overall appearance of the service
facility by maintaining a clean and orderly Service
Department and assuring the professionalism of Service
4. Plan shop workload in cooperation with other
departments affected to assure prompt and workmanlike
completion of service work.
5. Ensure that all shop tools and equipment are properly
maintained and accounted for. Initiate needed repairs or
replacement of tools. Request additional tools required
to ensure quality workmanship.
6. Ensure that all new service programs (e.g., standard
repair times, exchanges, etc.), are carried out by all
7. Support the Distributor Field Service Engineer
function and provide first line failure analysis.
8. Approve warranty claims, Initial Installation
Inspection Reports, and Credit Requests.
9. Cooperate with Sales Department in contacting
potential customers, as well as current users or sellers
of Cummins engines to promote business and retain
10. Resolve customer disputes in connection with either
factory or distributorship warranties.
11. Create and maintain training matrix for technicians.
1. Maintain parts inventory and assigned equipment of
2. Insure inventory controls are in place to protect the
3. Increase parts sales by developing action plan to
have quality sales calls and development of marketing
programs for the Amarillo market.
4. Promote new products and programs through personal
contact with customers.
5. Train Parts Department employees on sales procedures,
products, and general Company operations.
Service and Parts Departments:
1. Delegate authority and/or responsibility for specific
duties to competent Service and Parts Department's
employees and monitor results.
2. Prepare annual operating plans and implement changes
to achieve branches operating cash flow targets.
3. Hire, dismiss, and review all Service and Parts
4. Process various paper work, including maintaining
complete records and files of various subjects.
5. Maintain Service and Parts Department in a way to
project total quality and customer-led mind-set.
6. Responsible for facilities management such as
building and ground maintenance.
7. Reinforce company policies and procedures in regards
to safety and CSE.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Extensive knowledge of all Cummins engines including
five years experience in diesel engine mechanic
3. Must have demonstrated ability to be a leader and to
direct and supervise activities of others.
4. Must have a high degree of initiative.
5. Must possess superior interpersonal and customer
6. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of computer data
entry procedures and interpretation of computer
generated reports utilized in service and parts
7. Must have good understanding and knowledge of
warranty and service programs available for Cummins and
8. Willingness to travel to customers' offices and
9. Ability to drive a forklift.
10. Must possess leadership qualities and
11. Must have an internal drive for customer service and
provide an elevated level of service for internal and
12. Must comply with safety rules and regulations and
apply them to daily work routines for personal safety
and the safety of others.
Req. Code : 457
Division/Department : Odessa Operations
# of Openings : 1
Cummins Inc. is engaged in the designing, manufacturing, distributing and servicing diesel and natural gas engines, electric power...