HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world's most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an Off Premise Manager .
Area of Responsibility :
- Assigned target off-premise accounts
- Sell into and drive activity in target off-premise accounds only
Plan and prepare
1. Account selection: Participate in the selection of assigned target accounts. Criteria for account selection is as-follows:
· Only local chains with single decision-maker.
· All outlets within a single zone
· Minimum volume requirements:
· In key liquor states (CO, MA, MD/DC, NJ, PA): Multi-store accounts must sell at least 5,000 cases/year and single-store accounts must sell at least 1,000cases per year
· In all other states: Account must sell at least 2,500 cases /year
2. Strategic planning: Develop strategic plans for each assigned target account. Plan should focus on which brands and formats should be in the account and how to manage the programming associated with each brand. Key elements of each account plan are:
· Target distribution levels by brand by format (i.e., which products are targeted)
· Merchandising, display and shelf-set targets
· Quality measures
· Retail pricing
· Programming / Promotional plan (based on HUSA overall off-premise programming)
3. Distributor planning/training: Work through Market Manager with appropriate distributor(s) to ensure ability to execute effectively in the off-premise.
1. Sell-in: Sell the appropriate products and programming to assigned target accounts. based on the strategic plan and HUSA standards
2. Quality: Educate assigned target accounts on appropriate quality measures to foster freshness.
3. Merchandising, display and shelf-sets: Ensure assigned target accounts are properly merchandised, displays are built and shelf-sets are correct according to HUSA off-premise standards.
4. Program / promotional execution: Oversee the execution of trade programs and promotions in assigned target accounts focused on appropriate brands and segments.
Measure and improve
1. Distribution: Assess distribution of focus products in assigned target accounts.
2. Programming: Assess whether programs and promotions were implemented, how effectively they were implemented and what the results were; identify issues/opportunities and adjust as appropriate.
3. Merchandising, display, shelf-sets and quality: Audit assigned target accounts to ensure proper merchandising, display, shelf-sets and quality; adjust as appropriate.
Budget management: Track budget versus plan; identify and address issues as appropriate. Ensure budgets are available on-line for relevant players to access.
· Be Brave · Decide & Do
· Hunt as a Pack
· Take it Personally · Key Customer Planning · Customer Management · Selling & Negotiation
· Excellence in Execution ·
· HIgh school degree requires, Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Retail account management experience preferred
· Eposure to retail marketing preferred · Exposure to beverage industry preferred
· Analytical experience preferred
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....