BRENCO, producer of tapered roller bearings for the railroad industry has an immediate need for an Electrician. Brenco is part of larger company – Amsted Rail. ASF-Keystone, Brenco and Griffin Wheel, offer quality solutions that combine castings, bearings and wheels from all three of the Amsted rail divisions, providing some 90% of your freight car undercarriage requirements from one reliable source.
Responsibilities include maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of automated assembly and pressing equipment. Performs preventative maintenance, handles all equipment breakdowns, and assist manufacturing as required to ensure the process is running efficiently. Other duties include recommending and implementing corrective actions for continuous improvement of safety, productivity and quality.
· Repairs complex electrical/mechanical equipment to ensure production goals are met.
· Installs, maintains, dissembles, refits, repairs, and/or rebuilds electrical equipment and machines including automatic and process controls, switch boards, HMI, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers electronic controls, printers, scales, and alarm systems.
· Replaces and repairs parts, fuses, and wiring defects and replaces and/or adjusts defective control modules, tests and makes final adjustments.
· Interprets work orders, concepts, and directs the operation, repair and preventive maintenance function for all assigned electrical and mechanical equipment.
· Uses a PC (laptop) to connect to, communicate with and utilize RS-Logix software to troubleshoot an Allen Bradley SLC/PLC/Control Logix processing system(s).
· Complies with all Plant safety, health, and environmental requirements.
· Works overtime as necessary and approved by the Maintenance Supervisor
· Involvement in Plant committees, corrective action teams, and special focus groups as needed.
· Two years as an Electrician in a manufacturing facility.
· Ability to work with 480 high voltage equipment and abide by National Fire Protection Agency 70E and National Electrical Code standards.
· Read and interpret ladder diagrams.
· Has electrical installation/panel building skills and ability to troubleshoot electrical problems and some PLC knowledge.
· Understands A/C and D/C motors and controls.
· Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
As an employee-owned company, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and through competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and internal advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career you can be proud of.
- 2 years ago - save job
Wilbur and Orville Wright's first flight might never have succeeded without an assist from Amsted Industries' Diamond Chain...