Reporting Relationship: Director of Administration & Operations
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago (BBBSMC) is seeking an Office Administration & Employee Relations Manager to effectively and efficiently manage the office operations and human resources aspects of the agency. For more than 45 years, BBBSMC has been the recognized leader in creating mentoring relationships that improve quality of life. We have a strong and enviable brand image and are looking for a seasoned administrative professional to match our reputation and aspirations. We currently serve more than 1,700 children through our Community and Site Based programs throughout Cook, DuPage, Lake County, IL and Lake County, IN. Our vision is to significantly increase the number of children served through our programs and strategic partnerships with the area’s leading corporations, academic and cultural institutions.
This position has overall responsibility for maintaining excellence and execution for the office operations and employee relations of BBBSMC. Key overall responsibilities include office and human resources management.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- With direction from the Director of Administration & Operations, develop and implement office operational procedures. Ensure that all staff is aware and abides by said procedures.
- Assist in agency employment process, including employee recruitment, relations, training and development, benefits and compensation administration and compliance
- Onboarding of agency employees as it relates to office orientation, including office equipment training, supply disbursement procedures, office safety protocols and employee introductions.
- In conjunction with Department Head and Director of Finance, assist in preparing and managing the office operational budget. This to include research and cost comparisons in order that the agency’s procurement process remains cost effective, yet not sacrificing quality.
- Act as the staff liaison for all office purchasing cooperatives
- Ensure that equipment and software maintenance contracts are active and adequate based on agency requirements.
- Maintain inventory for office supplies and computer software/equipment
- Address building maintenance needs through property owners and/or management company
- Facilitate general upkeep, cleanliness and appearance of common area
- Assist in space planning and improvements
- Responsible for ensuring that the office document retention and destruction procedures are followe
- Lead the agency’s annual self-assessment process
- In collaboration with the IT Systems and Data Manager, provide help desk support for all employees as it relates to office equipment and other computer systems
- Assist in logistical aspects of agency staff and board meetings, as appropriate
- Maintain up to date office legislative required postings
- Other administrative duties to include: Directing office visitors, routing incoming agency calls, process agency mail, arrange for courier services and maintain agency calendar and intranet.
- Other duties as assigned
- An articulated belief in the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in business administration, human resources or related field
- Minimum three years of office management and/or human resources experience
- Basic supervisory experience a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Proven knowledge of computer hardware and software (specifically MS Office – with demonstrated skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher)
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills required
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Strong focus on high level of customer service and responsiveness
- High degree of focus on quality control and continuous improvement
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Commitment to excellence in all responsible areas, duties and assignments
- Commitment to professionalism with external constituents and coworkers
- Must be able to safely lift at minimum 40 lbs.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- A sense of humor