The PVARF is a nonprofit corporation whose mission is to enhance the health of veterans of all generations through medical research by facilitating research and education activities conducted at the Portland VA Medical Center.
The Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for functions supporting the Foundation Administrative office. Duties include: assist with recruiting, records management, tracking on-board procedures, and assisting with benefit management. This position is also responsible for Accounting & Administrative Support functions such as reconciliation of assigned accounts, project budget management, travel & event planning, executive support, filing, and other administrative duties. Scheduled hours will be approximately 25-30 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support the new-hire, on-boarding and orientation process; track WOC appointments and receipt of required documents
• Post and close open positions
• Collaborate on the monthly creation of the Employee Newsletter
• Assist with open enrollment and other benefits administration activities
• Process and distribute financial statements
• Assist the Executive Director with grant/contract proposals and budget development, award/agreement negotiations and post-award activities.
• Will perform a wide variety of administrative duties and projects
• Support the accounting team by assisting with month end closing
• Reconcile certain balance sheet accounts; research and resolve discrepancies
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
• Book Travel to meetings and for visiting Scientists
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma and college courses in accounting; a bachelor's degree preferred
• 2 years' experience in office administration
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 25-30 hours per week
Apply at www.pvarf.org . Include resume, cover letter and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
Portland VA Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.