The TranSystems Norfolk office is searching for an exceptionally organized and detail oriented individual to proved office administrative support. This office focuses primarily on government contracts and the ideal candidate will have experience with government projects. This person will provide project support, including meetings and travel arrangements, invoicing, document processing, filing, and other related tasks; marketing support, including proposal preparation, maintenance of marketing materials and systems, and coordination with team partners; basic office administrative support, including reception, document processing, filing, office related errands, shipping and other related tasks; and special projects as direct by your supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years administrative experience. Must have a High School diploma, prefer college coursework in business field. Candidate must be extremely organized and detail oriented to be able to handle a heavy workload. The preferred candidate will have previous experience working with government contracts.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
1. Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Access
2. Ability to handle multiple projects and flexible to change
3. Answers main switchboard; greets and directs visitors in a courteous and professional manner
4. Sorts and routes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail
5. Maintains office supplies
6. Maintains filing system (marketing, project, and general information)
7. Project support, including meeting and travel arrangements, invoicing, and document processing
8. Marketing support, including proposal preparation, maintenance of marketing materials and systems, and coordination with teaming partners
9. Prepares local office expense reports and payroll for processing to Corporate
10. Prepares local office accounts receivable for processing to Corporate
11. Assist Project Managers with budgeting and other billing issues
12. Maintenance of leads tracking in SEMA4 and other SEMA4 accounting procedures
13. Assist Office Manager with operating and capital expenditure budget as requested, or needed
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but at time there will be surrounding activities in an open office setting that must be dealt with.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust
TranSystems - 12 months ago