The Office Administrator will work closely with the co-workers in performing all clerical and administrative aspects of a design project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Answering phones and working with clients and routing calls appropriately
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling, analyzing, and inputting data from source documents.
- Perform invoicing, process accounts receivable, and update accounts payable.
- Prepare periodic balance sheets, income statements, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain proper accounting controls.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax and legal reporting requirements.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends, as may be required by management.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Support relationships with national and local suppliers.
· Checking the mail and sorting to appropriate recipients
· Timely entry and payment of accounts payable
· Accounts receivable
· Bi-weekly payroll
· Tracking and receiving shipments
· Working closely with the employees responsible for inventory and installation to
· correctly track and bill parts used during projects
· Invoice clients monthly: keeping individual projects and pricing structures accurate
· Providing reports to management as requested, including job costing
· Contact software and other support as needed to resolve problems with software or
· Assembling project binders and managing other employees to make sure all
information/sheets are completed in a timely manner
· Enter technical data in Word, Excel, and learning Studio
· Complete other duties as requested by Interior Designers and the Director of Design
· Must comply with all company policies and procedures, and regular consistent attendance is required.
· Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
· Must be able to adapt to and perform with minimal reaction when confronted with an emergency.
· This position demands a self-motivated, task oriented, and an energetic individual with the ability to be flexible in design changes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, or related field
· Minimum 1 year of experience in a related field
· Requires the ability to speak to others with poise, voice control, and confidence using correct English and well-modulated voice.
· Requires the ability to understand and execute clerical principles and techniques.
· Ability to understand departmental policies and procedures and to make independent judgments in absence of supervision.
· Ability to learn basic techniques and functions of design in order to perform daily tasks efficiently
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Requires ability to read and comprehend a variety of documentation, directions, instructions, methods and procedures.
· Requires the ability to prepare and complete reports and forms with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech.
· Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, and to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Requires the ability to speak with and/or signal people to convey or exchange information, including receiving assignments and/or directions to co-workers or assistants as well as communicating with the general public.
· Must have excellent mathematical skills. Requires the ability to add and subtract; multiply and divide totals; determine percentages.
· Be aware of and adhere to client and/or Blackberry Farm design budgets.
Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
In all buildings of the hotel or client dwellings; may be asked to go outside regardless of weather conditions.