The Regents Research Fund is seeking a highly organized and solution-oriented Office Administrator for its midtown New York team. The candidate must possess excellent office administration skills, with the ability to work at a fast pace while juggling multiple tasks and responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a challenging environment on a tight-knit team, has a strong commitment to work quality and follow-through, and wants to play a role in improving educational opportunity for public school students across New York State. It is also an excellent opportunity to learn first-hand all aspects of day-to-day non-profit administration.
THE POSITION AND ITS KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Administrator will play two roles. The first is to provide executive assistance to the Managing Director and two to three Senior Fellows. The second is to manage the day-to-day administrative functions of the 20-25 person New York office. While many of the "back-office" functions are handled by staff in Albany (accounts payable/receivable, benefits, payroll, etc.) the position will be carry a variety operational responsibilities and play a crucial role in ensuring a tight-knit, well-informed and efficient office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Executive Assistance for 2-3 Senior Managers:
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies, equipment and services.
- Ensuring smooth and effective office IT, in coordination with the Albany IT team.
- Developing and managing contracts with service vendors.
- Developing and updating forms, manuals, procedures and policies.
- Analyzing expenditures in coordination with Albany accounting staff.
- Overseeing facilities in coordination with Albany facilities staff, ensuring a visually appealing and comfortable office space.
- Planning and coordinating staff meetings, events and team-building activities.
- Exercising sound judgment and problem-solving skills that allow the office to function professionally and efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Arranging a complex calendar of meetings and travel, including proactively ensuring that all managers have all necessary information and
- Answering/managing phone calls.
- Completing and following up on expense reports, timesheets and other forms.
- Filing, copying, editing and preparing documents.
- Tracking and updating contracts and contract amendments.
- Performing research.
- Managing or supporting special projects.
ABOUT THE REGENTS RESEARCH FUND
Governed by the New York State Board of Regents, the Regents Research Fund provides research and capacity to support the Regents' overarching goal to ensure that all students are ready for college and career success. The Regents Reform Agenda includes the following broad initiatives to help realize this goal:
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2-3 years of administrative or executive assistance, or office management, in a demanding, professional environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate changing needs.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to interact and interface with people on all levels and of all backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle interruptions and adjust priorities throughout the day.
- Aptitude to grasp complex tasks and carry out directions independently.
- Upbeat, positive and "can-do" attitude.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel (including forms) required. Powerpoint fluency preferred.
- Teacher and Leader Effectiveness: Redesign teacher and principal preparation and evaluation to improve instruction.
- Curriculum and Assessments: Provide educators with an aligned system of world-class standards, detailed curricula, and comprehensive assessments.
- School Innovation: Create optimal conditions and systems of accountability and support for school innovation, including charter and turnaround schools, to better serve high-need students.
- Virtual Learning and Technology: Develop an integrated statewide data system that will help educators to make data-driven instructional decisions.
idealist.org - 16 months ago