Under the daily supervision of the GED Chief Examiner, the GED
Office Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the
GED project. Following established protocols and standard office
procedures, provides receptionist services or other direct contact
with clients; does routine office work on computers or other office
• Organize and maintain paper and/or electronic files using
established procedures; retrieve files as requested;
• Respond to routine questions and requests from clients and staff;
distribute forms and applications; may review returned documents
for completeness; clarify requests;
• Use standard computer software and other office technology to
input, format and transcribe documents; copy and fax; input and
format spreadsheets; create mailing labels;
• Ensure that test site has supplies needed for testing (scratch
paper, #2 pencils, pens,answer booklets, accommodations tracking
• Prepare the sign-in sheets and attendance rosters (names,
addresses, and notation of test forms taken)
• Assist staff as directed; prepare drafts and correct errors in
documents; ask direction when instructions are unclear.
• Open mail, sort applications and distributes other mail as
directed; keep related logs of receipt and responses; shelf
business documents appropriately;
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $11/hr ( max.19 hours per week)
Basic operating knowledge of key office software packages , computer
technology (e.g. web, email) and other business equipment (e.g.
phones, fax, copiers, etc.); Ability to respond to in-person
requests and provide information to satisfy simple inquiries;
ability to interpret routine information and simple instructions.
Preferred Qualification: Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Intermediate
Skill Level), Banner software