Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Perform a wide variety of clerical duties in support of an assigned function; develop and input correspondence and data into a computer terminal; assist and inform the public on departmental policies and procedures and assist with basic sorting, filing, copying and/or clerical accounting activities.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED, plus two (2) years of clerical experience.
Dependent on position may require a New Mexico Driver's license and a City Operator's Permit (COP).
Must possess a New Mexico Department of Workforce Connection typing test with a minimum score of forty (40) net WPM.
- Basic office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Principles and procedures of filing
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Basic mathematical principles
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Principles of cash handling
- Principles and procedures of complex filing systems
- Principles of basic clerical accounting
Essential And Supplemental Functions:
- Learn to set up complex filing systems
- Learn basic principles of clerical accounting
- Learn to correctly interpret and apply City policies and procedures
- Learn basic cash handling techniques
- Perform general clerical work including maintaining files and compiling information for reports
- Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Set up complex filing systems
- Correctly interpret and apply City policies and procedures
- Operate office equipment including a computer, copy machine and adding machine
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work