This position is located in Franklin County and will provide clerical support to the Judicial District Manager. Support will be provided by composing memoranda, letters, official court documents, investigatory reports, statistical reports, and the proofreading of these documents. The Office Assistant will work within daily, weekly, and monthly guidelines in a stressful environment with possible frequent offender interaction. This position must effectively and accurately use office machinery. This position must comprehend and abide by policy and procedures and interpret instructions given orally and in written form. This position must input and comprehend computer generated data. This position must receive and process mail. This position must maintain confidentiality, have organizational skills, and work within close proximity of others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
Effectively communicate with personnel, DCC Staff, applicants, outside agencies, and the general public in both oral and written form utilizing existing communication systems to convey or obtain information and instructions. Effectively maintain organized files and records according to departmental policy to provide quick, easy access and retrieval of information required by policy. Computer knowledge and experience are a must. Often works independently with little or no instruction.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from high school and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through at least two years of office assistant/secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. . . .
Supplemental and Contact Information:
How to Apply
The N.C. Department of Public Safety (DPS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages qualified men and women to apply. DPS uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Personnel Act with the most qualified individuals. Hiring salary will be based on relevant qualifications, internal equity and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position.
- Online applications are only accepted through http://www.osp.state.nc.us/jobs/
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the State of North Carolina application. Any information omitted cannot be considered for qualifying credit.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the state application.
- Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must attach a DD form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, along with your application.
- During the online application process if additional documentation is required, attach the documentation at the bottom of Step 4 in the application process.
- Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Human Resource Professional
North Carolina Office of State Personnel - 4 months ago