Overview: APACC is looking for an office assistant able to commit to a regular part-time schedule. The office assistant also must be able to work occasionally in the evenings during the workweek and on the weekends to help with events and business meetings. APACC is looking for an office assistant who is a hard-working team player motivated to help APACC further its goals.
Pay: $12-15/hour depending on experience.
- Identify and screen local businesses
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Maintain and update website and newsletters
- Manage social media
- Prepare and circulate event invitations and announcements
- Prepare marketing materials and correspondence
- Manage membership registration and other membership-related issues (e.g., updating membership directory)
- Create and maintain activities/program database
- Aid/support logistics for networking and outside events and meetings (office assistant must have access to a vehicle)
- Assist with administrative work as needed
- Good organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of (or proficiency in) web design and WordPress
- Good writing skills
- 3 5 years of experience in marketing and community outreach preferred
- BA/BS degree in communications/journalism/marketing or business administration preferred (though applicants with an associate degree and relevant experience/skills also will be considered)
Applications must include a cover letter, a resume and a list of references (with a maximum of three references listed). The deadline to apply is July 15, 2012 . Interested candidates may submit their applications by email to Ping Khaw-Sutherland (APACC President) at Pingkhaw@apacc-or.org or by mail to the following address: APACC, PO Box 3584, Portland, OR 97208.
Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce - 11 months ago
APACC is incorporated as a 501c (6), not-for-profit membership association dedicated to the economic advancement of Asian Pacific American (...