Provides a broad range of office support to CHIPA Clinical staff and management ranging from making outbound calls to facilities/providers/members, answering phone calls, handling faxes and mail, photocopying, maintaining and ordering office supplies, preparing correspondence, entering information in the IS System and other duties as assigned. May interface with clients, providers and provider’s office staff to answer questions and complete required paperwork. Must have good language skills, as well as, excellent telephone manners and general computer skills. Previous office experience required.
- Develops and maintains varied tracking reports related to assigned duties
- Interfaces with clients, providers and provider office staff to answer questions and provide benefit information
- Supports benefit verification and updates eligibility information as needed
- Completes outpatient authorizations based upon structured clinical algorithm and forwards to provider’s office.
- Completes outpatient authorizations following review by clinical staff and forwards to provider’s office
- Create new patient files for open cases
- Responsible for scheduling, tracking and reporting outcomes for Ambulatory Follow Up appointments
- May assists with intake and referral overflow calls as needed
- Prepares outgoing faxes and mail daily
- Sorts and distributes incoming faxes and mail daily
- Photocopies requested materials and keeps copiers, printers and fax machines cleared
- Documents receipt of time sensitive materials in the Raintree System
- Participates in monitoring department office supplies
- Ensures filing is completed on a daily basis
- Other special duties and projects assigned by manager
Two years secretarial or general office experience with a working knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including filing systems, telephone techniques, letter and report writing, preferably in a health care related setting
Must be well organized
Requires excellent phone manners
Intermediate level of computer and typing skills
High School Diploma or GED Required
Beacon Health Strategies, LLC - 2 years ago
COMPREHENSIVE CARE SINCE 1996
In close partnership with health plans, we help bring together the fragmented pieces of healthcare to achieve...