The Administrative Assistant is an entry-level position providing support in the areas of documentation. The administrative assistant will be responsible for the clerical functions and administrative support of the food service program.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Assists management staff in the administrative tasks and the financial reports using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Assists management staff in preparing confidential employment and labor relations documents, including but not limited to proposed disciplinary notices and labor relations correspondence and proposals.
- Creates labels, allergen menus, signs, posters, announcements, and other publishes.
- Opens, sort and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes and emails.
- Makes sure that appropriate presentation of food items are present in all serving areas.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Works effectively and maintains good working relations with co-workers, customers, and Food Service Supervisors.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; ability to perform job safely.
Note: Job Duties are subject to change as needed.
- Answer telephones, maintaining proper telephone etiquette.
- Daily walk-through of facility “through the customer’s eyes.”
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 years in administrative or clerical area.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Has computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute (wpm).
- Ability to make rapid calculations.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and clients.
- Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to work.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions and adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to interact with a diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to use the STAFF time clock properly, and record worked hours for processing.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variable is standardized situations.
College degree is preferred, not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Achieving Leadership in The Food Service Industry:
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Bon Appetit is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and prviding equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing tasks in a group setting.
Bon Appetit Mgmt Co - 17 months ago