Summary: Provide general office support and administer general office tasks such as reception, bookkeeping tasks, shipping and receiving, craigslist and ebay tasks, quoting assistance, marketing assistance, and general organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Answers telephones, takes messages, forwards information to appropriate personnel. Screens calls, redirecting calls to subordinate managers or staff. Handles voicemail and e-mail. Opens, sorts and distributes mail. Monitors, manages and prioritizes the flow of incoming documents to optimize executive's time. Sends outgoing mail using appropriate mail service. Distributes requests for information, tracks progress and follows up on actions taken. Sorts and files correspondence and other documents in filing system.
- Completes varied typing and word processing assignments that are of a confidential nature and includes correspondence, forms, tables, proposals, and somewhat complex reports. Operates office equipment such as word processors, computer software packages, fax machines, and photocopiers to complete assignments. Updates manuals, reports and spreadsheets.
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties, such as A/R, A/P, invoice processing, purchase orders, “past due” invoice notices and calls. As well as payments administration for account payables utilizing Peachtree and obtaining authorization from General Manager for payment.
- Assist General Manager, Sales Managers, & Operations Manager with special projects as needed.
- Assist Sales Team with projects as needed, such as email blasts, ACT data entry and alarms, quote generation, and client maintenance schedules and upkeep.
- Use of discretion and making administrative judgments based on existing operating guidelines to resolve day to day operating issues
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for senior management, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have high school diploma/GED. Some college course work desirable.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office products, Peachtree, Email, Internet required.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal communication skills and professional reception skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and other tasks accordingly.
- Must be flexible in working hours and task assignments when necessary. Also must be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive customer-focused work ethic and attitude, required.
- Ability to serve in a confidential work relationship
- Ability in writing to prepare correspondences according to standard business practices.
- Ability to accurately type correspondences, reports and memorandum.
- Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
- Assist General Manager with business/personal duties as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and apply discretion in all communications and activities.
- Manage extremely sensitive work with a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Microsoft office including: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Database management skills.
- High Integrity and ability to work unsupervised.
- Must poses a desire for growth, can do attitude, and a track record for honesty.
EngATech, Inc - 10 months ago