ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES WHO WISH TO APPLY ARE REQUIRE D TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION AND INCLUDE A RESUME AND COVER LETTER DESCRIBING HOW YOU BEST MEET MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS.
King County Housing Authority, a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing is currently recruiting for a talented and energetic Receptionist (Office Assistant) for the Central Office in Tukwila, WA.
This is general clerical work providing office support. Performs a variety of general, routine clerical duties. Greets visitors in person and by telephone. Opens, sorts and directs mail. Performs related file processing. Schedules appointments. Work includes inputting data and/or typing a variety of documents and other materials.
This section serves to illustrate the more typical aspects of the work indicative of the classification. The primary functions of the classification are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of each position allocated to the classification. The responsibilities and essential duties typically performed by positions allocated to this classification on a frequent and recurring basis include:
1. Answers multi-line phone system and determines nature of calls; direct calls to appropriate staff; greet walk in customers; answer questions about the low-income housing program and the application process; provides information regarding Section 8; offers alternative phone numbers for those who are looking for immediate housing, shelter, transitional housing, and emergency housing programs.
2. Reviews, sorts and distributes mail and faxes to correct mail slots; may open mail to determine appropriate department or recipient.
3. Receives and logs checks or money orders received into an excel spreadsheet; completes related information on who is making the payment, check or money order number, the amount of the check, and at times what type of payment is being made; forwards payment information to accounting staff.
4. Receives outgoing mail from staff to process and delivers to post office at end of the day; seals and stamps mail and verifies correct postage is made for mail being sent out.
5. Receives applications for employment and enters data in online recruiting system (NEOGOV), prints applications, distributes and faxes job announcements, fields questions of walk-in applicants and assists applicants requiring reasonable accommodation. Creates and sends response letters to applicants.
5. Orders and stocks supplies and forms. Processes photocopy requests. Closes hiring files. Sends out monthly performance appraisal reminders. Assists with miscellaneous projects in other KCHA departments.
6. Utilizes Agresso system and inputs data including emergency contacts, training and certification, address changes, etc.
7. Consistent and predictable attendance required. Ability to work regular business hours, 40 hours per week on a full-time basis.
8. Provides administrative support as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
The qualifications and competencies required to perform the duties and responsibilities of this classification are: Work requires knowledge of standard office procedures including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Work requires tact and patience working with a variety of people. Work requires the ability to accurately complete logs and required records; to respond to a high volume of calls; to operate standard office equipment; to learn office practices and procedures; to use tact, discretion and courtesy in dealing with callers; to communicate clearly orally with a variety of individuals that may speak limited English. A typical way to obtain the qualifications and competencies is:
Work requires a high school degree and some general office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Washington State Drivers license and acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment in this position if the assigned position requires driving.
Candidate is required to demonstrate consistent and reliable attendance with the ability to arrive to work on time.
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment. Some positions may drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority - 13 months ago
KCHA owns and manages nearly 3,500 units of federally subsidized housing for families, the elderly and people living with disabilities and 4...