Jacksonville Lighthouse Charter School is seeking an Office Assistant.
The office assistant works with the principal and office manager. This person performs additional administrative support functions at a Lighthouse Academy. We are seeking an office assistant who will make the commitment to conduct their work with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
• Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA mission, vision, core values
• A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA K-12 model in a high need, urban environment
• Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others
• Sense of urgency and relentlessness resulting in a record of outstanding student achievement
• Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
• Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a collaborative culture with LHA network, community,
staff, families and students
The office assistants’ actions must always be aligned with our mission, vision, core values and education program. The essential functions for our office assistant are as follows:
• Represents Lighthouse Academies by serving as the first point of contact when someone enters the school building or calls the school.
• Communicates professionally at all times and responds to all inquiries and requests within 24 hours.
• Serves as liaison between employees and those visiting or contacting the school by taking messages and setting up appointments.
• Assists Family Coordinator with copying and distributing information to families.
• Completes other clerical/administrative duties as required by the principal or office manager to manage the front office.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Report absences to Parent Coordinator
• Answer phones and check voicemail
• Answer intercom calls from the classroom
• Welcome volunteers and visitors to the building and escort them to the appropriate place
• Maintain a log of requests for transportation changes
• Collect supply requests and give to Office Manager
• Give Student Transfer paperwork to Office Manager, Principal and Family Coordinator daily
• Copying and Filing
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Experience providing the services required by this position, including at least one (1) year of experience working in a school environment.
• Must possess highly effective interpersonal skills to provide customer service.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Pro software and ability to effectively use word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications.
• Ability to complete written reports/correspondence.
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: PC, copier, fax machine, telephone, and local network and Internet searches.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills.
Lighthouse Academies - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Lighthouse Academies is committed to improving the educational opportunities for children. If you would like us to assist you in creating...