An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
I do more than put houses in order.
I’m committed to making a difference.”
At Merry Maids®, our team members do so much more than clean clients’ homes. They build trust and confidence with our clients. If you’re passionate about going above and beyond, seeking challenging work and meeting interesting people, there’s an opportunity for you at one of the world’s leading service organizations.
Merry Maids was founded in 1979 in Omaha, Neb. Now headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning network in the world. We currently have more than 600 independently operated franchises and company-owned locations throughout the United States and Canada providing cleaning services to more than 300,000 homes each month.
Though we are large and nationwide, our highly trained professionals are committed to providing the highest quality service to each and every customer we do business with. We are also a member of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands® that includes:
American Home Shield, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic, ServiceMaster Clean, Terminix, TruGreen, and TruGreen LandCare
Each of these companies is a leader in its respective industry. Together, they comprise ServiceMaster, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive service organization.
At Merry Maids, we maintain a working culture that fosters the highest standards of integrity, respect and professionalism. We seek people with strong character and provide them with a unique combination of independence and support, encouragement and opportunities for ongoing development and growth. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Merry Maids was founded in 1979 in Omaha, Neb., by Dallen Peterson. Dallen worked with his wife, Glennis; their children; and his twin brother Dale to create the Merry Maids system and franchise the company.
In 1988, ServiceMaster purchased Merry Maids from the Petersons. All of the ServiceMaster companies specialize in home services, so Merry Maids has been a natural fit for ServiceMaster from the beginning. Some of our sister companies in our Family of Brands include Terminix, TruGreen, ServiceMaster Clean and American Home Shield.
Office Assistant Summary
Handles all incoming customer lead calls generating calls to appointments, participates in hiring process and administrative functions supporting employees and customers including the completion of office tasks for the branch operation.
Essential Functions of Office Assistant includes :
• Handle customer inquiries and follow telephone scripts to persuade potential customers to schedule an in-home consultation or prospective employees to complete an employment application.
• Responsible for the supply and intake of lead calls and accurate completion (100%) of the lead card.
• Answer all incoming phone calls within 3 rings.
• Assist in New Hire Orientation, new hire paperwork and the maintenance of employee paperwork processes.
• Accurately and consistently documents lead process in the sales appointment book to include customer name, address and phone numbers.
• Follow internal procedures for scheduling and confirming bids including completion of correct color coding in sales appointment book.
• Confirm prospective customer appointments with a “live” phone call within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
• Maintain telephone log for all incoming calls other than lead calls.
• Maintain adequate inventory levels of supplies.
• Maintain procedural flow of lead cards (referencing current Standard Operating Procedures).
• Responsible for data entry to CIS.
• Maintain all business files including customer files, closed leads, employee files, etc.
• Prepare team member books and assignments for the scheduled day.
• Plan and organize customer schedule.
• Maintain a clean, organized and professional office area.
• Maintain positive customer and employee relations
• Assist in the maintenance and preparation of cleaning product dispensers and cleaning cloths.
• Perform all office functions and other reasonable, related duties as assigned or requested.
Requirements for Office Assistant :
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The attributes listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability preferred for the position.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One to two years of general business experience with customer interface preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business procedures.
• Ability to write reports, business and customer correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages).
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
Other Skills And Abilities:
• Ability to travel on an infrequent basis required (some overnight travel, mandatory training sessions and regional/cluster meetings).
• May infrequently require travel by air.
• Customer relations
• Problem solving
• Time management
• Self motivator
• Oral and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Current liability insurance on automobile
• Ability to pass criminal background check
• Ability to pass motor vehicle records check
• Ability to pass drug screening
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. May be required to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasionally climb stairs, visit customer homes.
• Ability to lift 20 pounds, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling and carrying.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally in outside weather conditions while in transit to/from the customer’s home.
• Occasional exposure to dust, pets, pet hair, mold, mildew, cleaning solutions, etc.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Merry Maids is happy to scrub, straighten, and sanitize. Founded in 1979, home cleaning company Merry Maids has more than 600 franchises in...