The Center for HIV/AIDS Educational Studies and Training (CHEST) of
Hunter College, City University of New York, is hiring for a full-
time receptionist position. CHEST (www.chestnyc.org) is an
internationally recognized multidisciplinary research center which
blends academic and community-based work focused on sexual health,
HIV/AIDS, LGBT issues, and substance use.
General Description: Seeking a Front Desk Receptionist that will be
able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Looking for someone
with an engaging personality that is highly organized and attention-
oriented to greet/welcome participants involved in research studies.
• Answer/screen/direct phone calls
• Greet everyone that enters the facility
• Provide pertinent information to callers
• Schedule/revise appointments either manually or electronically
• Provide general administrative and clerical support
Salary: Commensurate with experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an eye
• Experience with providing excellent customer service; ideally
2+ years of experience
• Proficient with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Able to take initiative and direction while being highly reliable
• Manage multiple projects
More information about CHEST can be found at
Salary is commensurate with experience.