The Office of Special Events and Event Planning develops and
disseminates policies to ensure effective coordination and efficient
management of Graduate Center special events, including the doctoral
commencement, all donor cultivation events and CUNY Central Office
events. They advise faculty, Directors of Centers and Institutes, and
heads of offices about organizing and sponsoring special events,
lecture series, conferences, receptions, and dinners; manage the
allocation of public spaces and rent space to outside clients.
- Provide assistance to the Director and Assistant Directors of
Special Events and Event Planning.
- Provide receptionist services, set up appointments, keep calendars
updated and refer students, faculty, other CUNY employees and
public to proper area/person.
- Maintain office files.
- Take sales leads for potential clients.
- Using Microsoft Word to type memos, letters, contracts, set-up
memos and mail merges.
- Use Eventpro software to check space availability and create new
- Assist with Commencement (update invitations; process student and
faculty fees; register students for commencement; track inventory
for commencement attire; and proof diplomas).
- Update and maintain student, internal and external guest lists and
other demographic information.
- Ability to maintain and support web-based programming.
Salary: $38,000 - $42,000
- Event planning experience preferred
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Excel, Word, Eventpro
- Ability to multi task and interact with students, faculty,
administrators and outside clients
Research Foundation of The City University of New York - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard