Provides support primarily to Human Resources and the Executive Administrator, but working through the Executive Administrator, the position is also available to other departments and Admins within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Monitor and maintains office inventory placing orders, receiving orders and stocking shelves.
2. When goods are received, matches invoices to orders verifying quantity and pricing and, as necessary contact vendor on discrepancies.
3. Perform typing assignments, proofread and edit correspondence and reports when requested.
4. Assist with catering functions and meeting set-up and tear-down when requested to do so.
5. Copies and assembles interview and new hire packets for Human Resources, and other material when requested.
6. Monitor and maintain kitchen inventory and office supplies on the 5th floor.
7. Assists in the planning and preparation of meetings.
8. Provides break, lunch and vacation relief to Receptionist.
9. Provides additional administrative support to Human Resources, the office of the President, and the Admin group when requested to do so.
10. Handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduate with excellent command of the English language.
2. Knowledge and skills typically acquired through a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a professional setting.
3. Strong interpersonal skills.
4. Good communication skills to deal effective with employees within all departments, as well as with customers and suppliers.
5. Computer proficiency; intermediate skills in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Ability to operate basic office equipment, including fax, copier and postage meter.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously for several individuals.
9. Sensitivity to, and ability to maintain, confidential information
1. Work experience in a life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment.
2. Skills in using PowerPoint.
Santarus, Inc - 17 months ago