High School diploma or GED is required.
Every other weekend Sat and Sun 8a-8p & 7a-7p plus holiday rotation and fill in during the week days or evenings
Provides clerical support for the department.
Maintains departmental reports and records for regulatory agencies and according to hospital policy.
Serves as a receptionist for the department.
Data entry of patient orders, verification of tests and auditing.
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
Medical terminology is required.
Knowledgeable of personal computers, MS Office and spreadsheets is required.
Medical terminology certificate preferred.
- Greets and schedules patients in a timely, accurate manner, ensuring that each person understands when and how they will be served.
- Accurately orders tests in the Meditech system making certain that test orders are compliant with regulatory agency requirements.
- Communicates with physician's offices regarding additional information required on a test order or when more specifics are required.
- Faxes and documents critical findings.
- Follows hospital and laboratory policies pertaining to HIPAA compliance.
- Files test request forms and patient test reports in a timely and organized manner.
- Monitors report transmission to offices and troubleshoot problems.
Saratoga Hospital - 23 months ago