SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Title: OFFICE ASSISTANT
Location: SERTA-WEST PALM BEACH
Creates accurate computerized invoices; reviews daily billings and maintains customer invoice/credit files. Backup support for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Provides assistance with customer inquiries and complaints.
*1. Process daily billings to customers.
*2. Issues various customer adjustments including return goods credits, pricing credits, advertising, PM and other related credits
*3. Manage the purchasing and maintenance of office supplies.
*4. Works effectively with internal and external contacts including administrative, sales and production personnel, dealers and the end consumer.
*5. Provides backup and assistantance to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
6. Compiles data and prepares dealer correspondence and various regular and ad hoc reports as required.
7. Provides assistance with other office functions, special projects and taking inventories as requested.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. One year responsible office experience
3. Computer proficiency
1. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software
2. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
1. Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
2. Detail orientation and good figure aptitude
3. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by the Company, Serta Inc., and other agencies
Errors committed in the course of performing the duties of this position cause productivity, financial, and customer service problems for the Plant and the Company.
Work is indoor and sedentary in nature. Utilization of video display terminal, keyboard, and telephones is 85% of the time. Work involves extensive contact with internal and external contacts including the general public.
WORKERS SUPERVISED: May provide direction to temporary office staff
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Controller and/or General Accounting Manager.
EEO CLASS: 5
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.