Performs routine and moderately difficult clerical duties of a specialized nature, which may be performed in a variety of University settings. Responsibilities may include basic bookkeeping, data coding, filing, sorting, posting, verifying, recording, typing, and word processing. Work is performed under close supervision within established policies and procedures with job performance based upon tasks completed.
• Supports the Service Plus philosophy of Texas Tech University
• Make copies, send faxes, scan documents, and save to various folders on computer, assist with data entry, load paper to copier, change out toner cartridges, assist with typing and/or file formatting as needed
• Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills as well as work ethic with attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility and team cooperation are essential
• Provide primary secretarial/clerical support as needed
• Responsible for effective receptionist services as needed for all offices and areas in the Dean’s Suite
• Provides a positive and friendly atmosphere when greeting students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the Rawls College of Business
• Adheres to Institutional and Departmental Safety policies and procedures
• Uses computer to work with various files in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Ability to compose effective and coherent e-mail messages
• Ability to learn new computer programs as needed
• Ability to use the world-wide-web as well as TTU internet services
• Good telephone and communication skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Lync communications software
• Provides assistance to all areas, offices, and personnel of the Dean’s Suite as needed
• Works on various projects and provides assistance as required
Proficiency in written and mathematical processes as may be reflected by the completion of high school or the equivalent.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
At least six years of general, progressive, responsible secretarial experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to keep accurate, detailed records, ability to handle large volumes of work, excellent computer skills, including use of spreadsheets and mail merge documents, must have excellent secretarial skills, experience in working with students, customers, or clients, have working knowledge of modern office practices and techniques & have considerable knowledge of modern office equipment.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
8.17 - 11.45
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.