The Urban Institute is seeing an Office Assistant to provide support to three departments; Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources. This is an entry level, full-time position, non-exempt position, and an excellent opportunity to gain experience with behind-the-scenes business office processes and procedures.
- Supporting the offices of Accounting, Finance and Human Resources in information management
- Filing documents relevant to all three departments;
- Pulling files and reports for audits and ad hoc requests;
- Some database maintenance and data entry;
- Performing general administrative support tasks such as scanning and photo copying;
- Assisting in other related tasks as needed.
A High School degree is required. Applicants should demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact. Appropriate computer software proficiency for job duties above (Microsoft Word, Access and Excel) is required. Previous experience in a business office for 1-5 years is preferred.
The Urban Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all minorities and women to apply.
The Urban Institute - 14 months ago