Front office position in a fast-paced student conduct office. Under direct supervision provide general office support by following standardized practices and detailed procedures in performing office tasks such as word processing, data entry, receptionist duties, and filing. Make decisions and exercise judgment based on established guidelines and/or procedures.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
High School graduation.
One to two years of experience in clerical/office support work, or specialized training/higher education, or any combination of experience and additional training equal to two years.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Keyboarding and computer skills, such as word processing, email, Internet, and spreadsheets.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Experience in handling sensitive/confidential information.
Additional Job Information:
-Must work well in a team environment
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required documents at the time of application: cover letter, resume and three professional references contact information.
Is this position responsible for the supervision of staff?
No, this position is not responsible for supervision
If yes, what kind of staff does this person supervise?
Background check may be required prior to employment.
The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
50-Clerical and Secretarial
Additional Salary Information:
1. Screen telephone calls and visitors; provide responses to information requests; take messages or route calls and visitors according to office/department procedures utilizing organizational familiarity and necessary discretion. Refer concerns to appropriate person as directed.
2. Create and maintain files which will include data entry according to standard office procedures.
3. Maintain confidentiality in communicating sensitive information and in handling confidential materials.
4. Maintain office inventory and supplies.
5. Other duties as assigned.
University System of New Hampshire - 16 months ago